Annual Iowa Credit Union Convention Concludes, Iowa Credit Union Award Winners Honored
POSTED on September 22, 2023 IN ICUL
ICUL Board of Directors Sworn in for New Term
DES MOINES - More than 550 credit union leaders, exhibitors, speakers and guests gathered in Coralville, Iowa on September 13-15 for the annual Iowa Credit Union Convention. This year’s convention featured educational offerings for Iowa credit unions focusing on the future of the industry and serving the financial lives of Iowans.
Six credit union leaders were honored during the 2023 Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) Annual Meeting for their significant contributions to the credit union movement and the financial lives of Iowans.
- Dave Cale, President/CEO of Financial Plus Credit Union, received the Cooperative Spirit Professional Award in recognition of his outstanding service, advocacy and leadership in the credit union movement.
- Jim Kacher and Vince Schuster were awarded the Cooperative Spirit Volunteer Awards for their commitment and service to their individual credit union boards of directors.
- Robert Daughters, Help Desk Manager of Dupaco Community Credit Union, was presented the Young Professional Award in recognition of his passion for credit unions through hard work, dedication, and success.
- Paddy Friedrichsen, CEO of Midwest Community Credit Union, received the Heritage Award to recognize her lifetime achievement of championing the “people helping people” philosophy throughout her career.
- Denny Siemers was posthumously recognized with the Heritage Award for his dedication to serving credit union members throughout his career.
“These exceptional leaders have gone above and beyond to champion the financial lives of Iowans,” said ICUL President and CEO Murray Williams. “ICUL is honored to recognize their outstanding work. Their passion and commitment reflect our industry, which is helping our 1.6+ million members and supporting the communities where they live and work.”
Additionally, 11 ICUL board members were sworn in during the annual meeting to serve as strategic leaders for Iowa’s credit unions:
- Matt Dodds, Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Greg Hanshaw, Community 1st Credit Union
- Jeff Hayes, North Star Community Credit Union
- Jordan Hensley, Peoples Credit Union
- Brad Mertens, Metco Credit Union
- Mike Moroney, AIM Credit Union
- Mark Peters, Employees Credit Union
- Julie Pingel, Fort Dodge Family Credit Union
- Cindy Stephenson, Iowa Heartland Credit Union
- Jami Weems, Serve Credit Union
- Scott Zahnle, Greater Iowa Credit Union
Scott Zahnle was elected as Board Chair and Jeff Hayes was elected as Board Vice Chair following the meeting. They now serve in these roles.